run like hell(gate)
BECOME A MEMBER
Come join us for a workout or two and see if you would like to become a
member of Hellgate Road Runners. We welcome runners of all abilities!
To complete your membership, you can either pay by credit card online
or download the PDF application form to send with a check.
Annual membership dues: $35ºº
Member perks include:
• Group training support (4 workouts every week, listed below)
• Compete with our team in NYRR Club Points races in
Open Women's A division / Open Men's B division
• Access to our Facebook discussion forum
• Numerous social events throughout the year
• Free high-quality race photos at many races and group runs
• Hellgate team merchandise store
Lets hit the roads
Weekly Workout Schedule
Monday 7:30 PM
We meet on Shore Blvd at the bottom of the lawn between the Astoria Park swimming pool and the Hellgate Bridge. The hill is about 200 meters up and it levels off for approximately 75 meters before you come down on the other side. We run 10 laps for a total distance of approximately 5K.
Wednesday 7:30 PM
We have a rotating schedule of intervals throughout the month:
1st Wed. – 400m x 12
2nd Wed. – 800m x 8
3rd Wed. – 1200m x 6 (or Pyramid)
4th Wed. – 1600m x 4
5th Wed. (if applicable) – 5K
The team breaks down into smaller groups according to pace.
We meet inside the Astoria Park track, at the end opposite the field house (near the skate park).
Thursday 7:30 PM
Group 10K Run
We meet in front of the Astoria Park track field house for a 10k (more or less) group run.
Group Long Run
We meet in front of the Astoria Park track field house for a group long run around Roosevelt Island. You can choose your distance.
OCT–MAY • 9:00 am
JUNE–SEPT • 8:00 am
2018 Club Point Race Calendar
4. Queens 10K - 6/16/2018
5. Team Champs - 7/28/2018
6. Percy Sutton 5K - 8/25/2018
7. 5th Avenue Mile - 9/9/2018
8. Bronx 10 MILE - 9/30/2018
9. Staten Island Half - 10/14/2018
10. TCS New York City Marathon - 11/4/2018
11. Ted Corbitt 15K - 12/8/2018
other important links
Hellgate Road Runners is a proud member of Road Runners Club of America
To participate in other races visit:
New York Road Runners www.nyrr.org
New York Runs http://nycruns.com
HRR supports Bibswitch, learn more about the bibswitch initiative, visit www.bibswitch.com